local_florist
ALOHOMORA -> beggin for thread
cloud
ALOHwb_sunnyMORA
an intermediate harry potter inspired roleplay
SPRING IN
YOUR STEP !
Welcome to ALOHOMORA! We are an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter inspired roleplay that takes place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. From magical happenings to personal interactions, the site offers a casual slice of life experience for its members. If you're interested in complex characters, good writing, and creating your own elaborate plots, then ALOHOMORA may be your RP home!

Interested? Read through our informational threads and say hi to us in the cbox! We hope to see you around.
ACTIVITY LOG 11, 02/15 —
It's that time again! Please reply to our latest activity log by the 28th of this month in order to save your characters! If you want a quick way to gather posts, you may also want to check out our current event.

POST LOG UPDATE, 02/01 –
With the log closed, we've made a few updates regarding faculty, claims, and more! Check it all out here!
SPRING | MAY

Add Reply
New Poll

beggin for thread, ft. odette
i break it just
because i can
The worst part of school (besides school itself) is the part where Mavis has to go to Diagon Alley on her own and buy things for herself, enduring not only the tedious task of managing money, but also tolerating the sun. It's hot, bears down on her and makes sweat prickle at the back of her neck.

It's not long before Mavis gets sick of it and slips away into the shaded area of Knockturn Alley.

She shifts the bag against her side, books heavy on her shoulder, and walks slowly, taking in the window commodities. One shop has skulls that beckon her inside. Another has a shriveled hand on display. Her lips purse.

When Mavis looks elsewhere, her eyes catch locks of pink hair. She perks. Her steps turn to follow after in interest, one hand flicking sunglasses up to her forehead, and the girl with the pink hair turns. Mavis blinks. Her mouth crooks into a smile.

"Oi, Odette, you done changed your hair. Made it real pretty like and not so drab, ey?" she calls out.

report posted on Feb 7 2018, 11:04 AM
14 posts. 120 galleons. dismay is Offline.
ravenclaw
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female
bisexual
single
half vampire
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
light me on fire
step two: walk clean away
Odette may not be the biggest fan of Mavis, but being the first to fucking notice her – both in Knockturn Alley and for her hair colour – she too easily turns to the half vampire, attracted to her comment.

She opens her mouth, a retort not ready on her lips. So instead, she is awkward. "Uh. Yeah? I felt like I needed, like. A change." She shifts on her feet, shrugs. Looks the girl over. "You look, like. The same as ever, though."

tagged MAVIS O'RIORDAN
— 15 years later here's a post
report posted on Feb 8 2018, 08:21 PM
362 posts. 550 galleons. viv is Offline.
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female (she/her)
questioning
single
pureblood
a tactless mess
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
i break it just
because i can
Mavis blinks. One eyebrow raises, smile dropping so that her lips purse sideways. "Wow," she drawls. "Great compliment, mate. Really feelin' the love."

Her eyes roll. She sets her hands on her hips, cocks her head and examines Odette. "What are you doin' in Knockturn Alley? Lookin' for some drugs, mayhaps?" she teases, interjecting before Odette has a chance to get a word in.

report posted on Feb 8 2018, 08:25 PM
ravenclaw
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female
bisexual
single
half vampire
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
light me on fire
Odette opens her mouth, not sure what to say, but Mavis keeps talking. It's for the best. Odette doesn't know whether she meant it as a compliment or an insult herself.

"Why?" Odette asks, eying the vampire. "You like, offering a pick me up?" Merlin knows she could use one. Now, in the future – especially if it's easier to hide in her trunk than whiskey.

tagged MAVIS O'RIORDAN

report posted on Feb 8 2018, 08:33 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female (she/her)
questioning
single
pureblood
a tactless mess
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
i break it just
because i can
Laughter slips from Mavis like needles. Her nose crinkles. "If I had drugs, I wouldn't waste them on you," Mavis giggles. She slides into the space beside Odette, coiling an arm about her shoulders.

"You got so much cuter with pink hair," the girl says with a grin. "It looks great."

report posted on Feb 8 2018, 09:24 PM
ravenclaw
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female
bisexual
single
half vampire
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
light me on fire
Odette should not be surprised, Mavis' messages always being mixed, but they still pull at her heart, pushing it down before tugging its chin up. Odette looks down at the girl, mouth a small circle before she speaks.

"Um. Thanks." It's more attention she's gotten for it than her family's deigned to give her. So Odette sticks to that.

"I got it done, like. The muggle way. At a salon. With like, bleach. And foils. And like. All that stuff."

tagged MAVIS O'RIORDAN
report posted on Feb 8 2018, 09:30 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female (she/her)
questioning
single
pureblood
a tactless mess
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
i break it just
because i can
Mavis' eyes dull as Odette explains it. "Uhhuh - right. You make about as much sense as always, mate," she drawls, patting the side of her arm. Her familiarity with the muggle world stops at computers and television and movies and books.

She pulls Odette in a direction of a shop. "Well, whatever - we're here so might as well have a look around, right? You ever been to Knockturn Alley before, Odette? Seems like your kinda place - not very classy but real interestin' like."

report posted on Feb 8 2018, 09:44 PM
ravenclaw
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female
bisexual
single
half vampire
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
light me on fire
Mavis' attention seems to shift, and Odette's chest hurts a little from the Ravenclaw's comment. But at least she's pulled along, even if she's not so sure she likes Mavis' reasoning.

"Um. No? My family like. Never goes here." Odette stares up at the shop window, the display showing off a hand of glory and an ominous jewelry collection.

"I'm guessing that like. You do? You seem, like. Super comfortable here."

tagged MAVIS O'RIORDAN
report posted on Feb 8 2018, 09:50 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female (she/her)
questioning
single
pureblood
a tactless mess
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
i break it just
because i can
Her eyes roll. She thinks to say something, but considers maybe it's a bit too mean for right now. Mavis is trying to play nice. wants Odette to stick around.

"I'm comfortable anywhere," Mavis responds. She releases the other girl to push the door open, arms folding behind her back as she walks inside. "Especially dark alleys and suspicious shops. Part of me charm, you see."

Her head tilts over her shoulder and Mavis flashes a smile.

report posted on Feb 8 2018, 09:59 PM
ravenclaw
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female
bisexual
single
half vampire
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
light me on fire
Mavis' grin makes Odette hesitate, her eyes lingering on the sharpened canines, specifically. "...Uh. Yeah." Somehow, she can't help but think Knockturn Alley is fitting, for a girl like Mavis.

And not just because of her vampiric side.

Following in after Mavis, Odette glances around the shelves. The shop is dim, lit by foggy oil lamps, and the shelves cluttered with all kinds of... things.

"Are you, like. Looking? For anything in particular?"

tagged MAVIS O'RIORDAN
report posted on Feb 8 2018, 10:06 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female (she/her)
questioning
single
pureblood
a tactless mess
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
i break it just
because i can
Mavis is already looking at something when Odette asks a question. She picks up what seems to be an eye and rolls it about in her palm. It settles, pupil down, only to suddenly roll back up to look at her.

"You think I know what I'm lookin' for in a place like this?" Mavis responds. She rolls it back over. Watches it roll back up. "I like lookin'. You see anything neat, Odette?"

She considers how much money she has on her and decides the eye is definitely worth it.

report posted on Feb 8 2018, 10:20 PM
ravenclaw
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female
bisexual
single
half vampire
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
light me on fire
And just like that, Odette wants to crawl away and die behind a shelf. Her stomach flips as Mavis plays with some kind of eyeball, and she turns away, looking at other, less gross objects on the shelf.

"Err, right. Okay," she mumbles, wondering if anyone's looking for her. If anyone's even noticed she's gone.

Hovering a finger over the shelf's edge, Odette stops at the sight of some charm, fur of some animal half worn away, showing off the dried skin. She picks it up.

"Um. I guess. This counts?" She holds it up, glances at Mavis.

tagged MAVIS O'RIORDAN
report posted on Feb 8 2018, 10:28 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female (she/her)
questioning
single
pureblood
a tactless mess
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
i break it just
because i can
Rolling the eye about in her hand, Mavis skips over to Odette. She leans in, examining the odd charm, and reaches out to poke it.

"What's it for, you think? Looks like somethin' you'd use to hex people," Mavis asks while hooking her thumbs into the pockets of her pants. The eyeball remains cradled in her palm.

report posted on Feb 9 2018, 07:35 PM
ravenclaw
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female
bisexual
single
half vampire
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
light me on fire
What's it for? "Uh." Good question. Odette shrugs, turning it over in her hands. "Maybe? Like. A luck charm. Or something? Like a. Rabbit's foot."

Odette looks up at Mavis, eyes drawn to the one in her hand. She cringes, looks away again.

"Um. Uh. What. Like. What is? The eye for?" Her discomfort, despite her efforts, is obvious.

tagged MAVIS O'RIORDAN
report posted on Feb 12 2018, 05:11 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
female (she/her)
questioning
single
pureblood
a tactless mess
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
STUDY BREAK
SITE EVENT, STUDY BREAK • The Hogwarts Library is open 24 hours before OWLs and NEWTs exams, and students are welcome to study there. Snacks and refreshments are provided. You can read more about this event here!
affiliates
a resource community INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
All Was Well realm of the seven Yuri Roleplay Avalon a Panfandom RP
Bleach Platinum Hearts Sengoku Horizon Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU
Zootopia: Dark and gritty TO BITTER ENDINGS Stroke of Luck ♥

wb_sunny
Welcome,
admin Guest
log out
G
H
R
S
Alohomora is a Harry Potter roleplay created by Stark and Viv. Site information, including wandlore, was written by Stark. The skin and its custom boards, profiles, statistics, etc. were coded by Pandora using Jcink's Custom Forum Structure. The site templates, including the application and optional templates, were also coded by Pandora. The site banner, found on Zerochan, was created by Eihi. Our ad image was created by Sayhana. Our button images were created by Khanithakat, ナリコ, and Countess-Chocula. Other scripts include Malihu's Tooltip, Jawn's Code Modification, and Shine's Inbox Popout. The pixels used for the awards are from Candy Coded Response. Please do not steal or copy any part of this skin. All uncredited items belong to their original owner. Contact a staff member if you see a code or graphic being wrongfully used here; we will remove it.