welcome back,
admin Guest
switch user
happy anniversary!
ALOHOMORA
a noncanon harry potter roleplay
welcome
Established in March 2017, ALOHOMORA is an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter roleplay in a — sometimes dark! — slice of life setting. Whether your character is a Hogwarts student or an auror working for the Ministry of Magic, our interactive world is steeped in possibility — and, of course, magic!

We encourage members to create and drive their own plot arcs, and as a community, emphasize good writing and character development. Want to join? Read our information, and pop into the cbox! We hope to meet you soon.
ACTIVITY LOG 016, 7/15. We're onto log sixteen — wow! Time sure does fly. Please read the directions and post here to save your characters!
autumn ( november 2018 )
staff.

Add Reply

beyond repair, maggie's plotter
has 69 posts and 100 galleons. maggie is Online.
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
Dido "Didi"
Kinsley
FEMALE. 17.
GRYFFINDOR PREFECT.
application
youngest child of three, dido is the golden girl of a well-known family. she's living with countless of expectations, yet still manages to be a true individual following her own path. while intelligent, she prefers have fun instead of studying ( but when the time comes, she will make sure her work is done perfectly ) dido grew up always getting what she wants and likes to push the limits on what she can get away with.
Louise "Lou"
Lefevre
FEMALE. 16.
HUFFLEPUFF.
application
a transfer student from beauxbatons, louise started attending hogwarts this september and is having a hard time getting into the swing of things. she is a true people pleaser, someone who has trouble saying no to anything asked for her even when she would really like to do so. her greatest talent is avoiding conflict. not a very talented witch, she is failing almost all her classes, but won't ask for help in fear of bothering people.
Moira
Hamilton
FEMALE. 16.
SLYTHERIN PREFECT.
application
an over-achiever with the need to always prove herself. moira always seems to be busy ( and stressed ), her nose stuck in either a book or her journal. she's an aggressive planner who has every minute of her day planned out. a true teacher's pet. she spent her early life being compared to her twin sister everywhere they went, and is now obsessed with being her own person. she's the debate club and wizard theatre.
Riordan
Manderly
MALE. 48.
DARK ARTS PROFRESSOR.
application
a sad and tired father. riordan used to be a curse-breaker at gringotts, now the new dark arts professor. he is kind and caring, always there to listen and help out when someone needs it. he lives at hogsmeade and can often be found at the bar, much to his own regret ( but it's the only thing that helps him sleep at night ). while not as outgoing as he used to be, he is still very friendly and always up for company.
Vanessa "Nessa"
Perron
FEMALE. 23.
ASTRONOMY TA.
application
a quarter-goblin writer, currently trying to write her second book while working as the astronomy ta. prefers to go by nessa. she's outgoing and excitable, her texts mainly consist of emoji's and exclaimation points. absolutely obsessed with zodiac signs, probably takes them way too serious ( even wrote a book on them ). only girl of four, youngest to boot, she grew up learning how to be tough and to take no shit from anyone.
Wendy
Darlington
FEMALE. 20.
HEALER TRAINEE.
application
A gay peep at some distant orb has power to raise and purify our thoughts like a strain of sacred music, or a noble picture, or a passage from the grander poets. It always does one good. A peep at some distant orb has power to raise and purify our thoughts like a strain of sacred music, or a noble picture, or a passage from the grander poets. It always does one good.
posted Apr 9 2018, 07:14 AM report
bitch boi has 1170 posts and 3435 galleons. pandora is Offline.
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
DADA TA
sexuality
bisexual ( male pref. )
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
ACHILLES & BRANWYN BÁLOR
hullo :eyes: we vaguely plotted that branwyn was one of achilles's interns over the summer (she would've been working alongside lyra caldwell, if you're interested in plots with mai!), and...well. i can't tell if achilles would like her. LOL.

even if that's the case, i've always headcanoned that achilles deeply respects the bálors (particularly maxwell), and even pulled some strings to get maxine a lighter sentence when she was sent to azkaban. so whether or not his personality meshes with branwyn's, he's there to provide connections, and would dutifully show her the ropes of being a wizengamot.

it might be interesting to do a thread set over the summer, during her internship? let me know if you want to flesh something out there! otherwise, it's fine with me if we just establish them as being on decent terms.

ELIJAH & BRANWYN
both purebloods and both in the dueling club! i also think eli would get a kick out of her outspokenness, or maybe even have a slight crush on her.

i think, right now, their relationship to max could be an easy venue for interactions. i never thought eli was close with max, but i do think he liked / respected her, and sort of earned respect by being intelligent and autonomous, both when they played quidditch together, and during other events. his current feelings towards max are ... different, to say the least LOL.

but — yeah. uh. we could do dueling threads, or they could talk about max, or whatever, really! i'm open to anything.

COLBY & EMMETT
so, personality–wise, these two are wildly different — however, in terms of experience, i really, really think they could find a strong connection with each other. they were both held back at some point (emmett in 5th year, cole last year), so they would have been in the same year for most of their time in school. (and fun fact, cole was almost held back during his fifth year as well, after his brother's suicide.)

anyway. cole's an outgoing dude that is totally driven by emotion, but he's got a ton of love to give? and i think possibly he wants to look out for emmett, just to make sure he's doing alright, and i can also see him liking emmett for a lot of reasons. there are the obvious, like both being muggle-borns, both being raised by a single parent, both slacking in school, etc., but i can also see unlikely connections building during threads, too.

i do sense that someone like cole may come off as a little strong for emmett, but i figure that, if they became friendly kinda early on, emmett may be used to that? idk? i really want to plot these two and can see a lot of interesting things coming out of it, despite the unlikelihood of the friendship, so if you're interested we should talk more!!

DONNY & EMMETT
so i think donny has. kind of strange reservations about emmett. on one hand, he sees a bit of jude in him; on the other, he sees a bit of himself. and for some reason i sense that donny may perceive certain aspects of jude's home life because donny has also experienced abuse (mostly verbal from his father, but physical from partners in his past) and has seen the ways it weighed on jude in school.

so i think donny has a strange nostalgia about emmett.

in any case, i wonder if these two could connect over art. donny, too, would sketch all throughout school, and does a lot of sketching / painting nowadays, too.

i also think donny is a pretty calm presence, and doesn't push people to talk or explain, and. idk. i can actually see them having a strangely ... intimate connection? (i don't mean intimate romantically, i just mean, like. a closeness.) so idk, i'd love for donny to have more positive relationships with students. if you think it's possible hit me up.
posted Apr 14 2018, 11:35 AM report
has 803 posts and 1265 galleons. pandora is Offline.
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
year 7 ( head girl )
sexuality
heteroflexible
marital status
engaged
blood, species
pureblood
henlo maggie!! i come bearing plots!!

MOIRA HAMILTON & attilie mun • i saw you made moira a prefect, so plot with your head girl \o/! though they're in different years and houses, they've shared a few years together as prefects, and also may have known each other through pureblood families. attie finds moira to be a responsible and trustworthy prefect, and that coupled with her organizational skills makes attie feel positively about her. i don't know that they're close friends, but i could see acquaintances, certainly.
THREAD IDEAS • the girls go on a round together, and something exciting happens • a thread relating to the "this way comes event", maybe after part ii? they can round kids up and stress together? • moira and attie butt heads over moira trying to "better plan" prefect meetings.
moira hamilton & peter lindonn • donny has a tendency to seem unimpressed or bored by most things, so i'm wondering how that would effect someone like moira. i also am under the impression that donny grades harder than leon, so it's possible that something moira would have gotten an 'o' on for leon gets an 'e' from donny. moira may lack respect for him, anyway, being a halfblood and a generally disliked ta.
THREAD IDEAS • moira approaches donny about an 'e' he gave her • class thread where she performs impressively and donny is like "cool, next" • she catches him smoking >:) • alternatively, moira tries to be a teacher's pet to him.
riordan manderly & peter lindonn • i deleted my only kid in dark arts hiii but donny lives in hogsmeade and hangs around the hog's head every so often (doesn't drink), so it's possible they'd recognize each other. donny tends to be quiet and keeps to himself, but as long as riordan wasn't pushy, he wouldn't tell him to fuck off if he approached him. the pretty face doesn't hurt.
THREAD IDEAS • september thread where riordan recognizes donny as someone that was at the bar when he was extraordinarily shitfaced • near one-night-stand over the summer (donny was in such a bad mindset that i think he'd back out) • basically anything that would make them kind of awkward now i guess • i meant to make this a positive relationship??
posted Jun 18 2018, 12:01 PM report
has 11 posts and 105 galleons. MAGGIE is Offline.
turned_in
hufflepuff
year, occupation
FIFTH YEAR
sexuality
DEMISEXUAL
marital status
SINGLE
blood, species
1/4 VEELA
added louise!!
posted Jul 11 2018, 10:55 AM report
has 8 posts and 140 galleons. pandora is Offline.
turned_in
hufflepuff
year, occupation
year 7
sexuality
pansexual
marital status
single
blood, species
pureblood
hi maggie i'm your biggest fan

CHARLOTTA & LOUISE LEFEVRE i think these two have a lot in common. i'd consider both of them "people pleasers", but the real difference is that lottie usually gets something out of doing that, and louise seems like a pushover. lottie is a hufflepuff prefect, so it's possible they were introduced early on? and i can see lottie sort of checking in on her to like. basically attribute to her facade of being Super Nice Hufflepal!!
THREAD IDEAS • september thread where lottie shows louise the ropes • for some reason i'd really like to see them eat together? lottie's narrative contains a lot of food, so i think it would be interesting to see that compared to louise's in a thread... • lottie sees someone pressuring louise into something and swoops in to save her.
TONI & LOUISE LEFEVRE i have so many ideas for them it's not even funny. but i think we can headcanon that, when they were in beauxbatons, they weren't very close. toni has always been popular, whereas louise is more reserved, so i don't think their friend groups would have crossed. BUT i think toni took an interest in louise when they both came to hogwarts — she's a familiar face, and i think toni would immediately latch onto her for that reason? so i'm seeing them, now, as unlikely friends — and toni has also probably definitely made louise her personal project lol.
THREAD IDEAS • september thread where toni recognizes louise and approaches her and louise is like whaaatt you know me?? • toni tries to make louise look hot for a date that she definitely set up for her • "you are too skinny, eat!" • toni convinces louise to do something she wouldn't normally do. they may or may not get in trouble for it.
posted Jul 14 2018, 10:26 AM report
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
CREATE A SPELL
SITE EVENT, CREATE A SPELL • In hopes to fill our spells & potions list with more unique magics, the staff is hosting an OOC event in which members are tasked with creating original spells and potions. The member with the most interesting potion will receive a special prize! Read about the event here. Lasts from July 1st — July 31st.
affiliates
Yuri Roleplay Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
Bleach Platinum Hearts TO BITTER ENDINGS Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play
F/BC surreality