welcome back,
admin Guest
switch user
happy anniversary!
ALOHOMORA
a noncanon harry potter roleplay
welcome
Established in March 2017, ALOHOMORA is an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter roleplay in a — sometimes dark! — slice of life setting. Whether your character is a Hogwarts student or an auror working for the Ministry of Magic, our interactive world is steeped in possibility — and, of course, magic!

We encourage members to create and drive their own plot arcs, and as a community, emphasize good writing and character development. Want to join? Read our information, and pop into the cbox! We hope to meet you soon.
THIS WAY COMES - P2, 5/15. The force in the dungeons has made its way around the castle, causing the school to go into lockdown for the night! Learn more about the event and how to participate here!

ACTIVITY LOG, 5/15. It's that time again! Make sure to post in our activity log and save your characters by May 31st!
autumn ( october 2018 )
staff.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

perfect storm, ↪ algernon p.
has 29 posts and 100 galleons. maggie is Offline.
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD

Moira doesn't look pleased when she enters the common room. Green eyes scan the space, then settle on the figure on the sofa.

She walks up to Algernon and, without saying a word, pulls the essay from her bag and holds it out to him. Practically shoving the parchment in his face.

"I got an A," she sneers
posted May 13 2018, 12:03 PM report
has 21 posts and 155 galleons. PICKLES is Offline.
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
Ambitions like ribbons worn
Poppy sits in the crook of his hoodie, cupped between his hands while she sniffs about her surroundings. Algernon glances up, met with a face full of parchment.

I got an A.

He pries the parchment out of his eyes, looking at Moira with a brow raised. "So? Everyone knows Tripathy's A is the equivalent of a grade higher. He's a real stickler with grades."

posted May 13 2018, 12:12 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD

So?

Moira blinks, arm dropping to her side. "I have never had an A," she continues, stressing the severity of the situation.

She tucks the essay back in her bag, drops said bag to the floor and sits down next to him.

"I'm redoing it. So I need to cancel our plans this weekend."

posted May 13 2018, 12:17 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
He knows when he's hit a nerve. Right, of course. A is Acceptable to just about anyone but Moira. He has a good mind to tell her she's gotta chill, it's just one essay, it's really not going to affect the rest of her overall grades—

Then she cancels the weekend plans in favour of redoing it. "What?" he sits up, back ramrod straight, looking at Moira in confusion.

"Wait, seriously? Nooo," Algernon laments, draping an arm on her, "I was looking forward to that. Do we at least reschedule?"

posted May 13 2018, 12:31 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD

Ofcourse he has to be dramatic about it. Moira rolls his eyes at him, shrugging off his arm. "You know how important my grades are, Aggy," she tells him. She's already taking her journal out of her bag, though.

Pulling her legs up and under her, she opens her planning, flips to the page reserved for next week. She then flips further another week. And another.

"How's saturday in two weeks?" She looks up at Algernon, face dead serious.

posted May 13 2018, 12:41 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
He understands all too well. "Okay, okay." She shrugs his arm off, but it doesn't stop him fromm reaching back up and giving her a gentle squeeze on the shoulder.

Two weeks, though? Algernon withers as he sits, looking at her in disbelief. "Two weeks? I'd rather be dead," he replies, sidling closer to look over her shoulder.

She's dead serious about the two weeks. "What if I help you with the rewrite? Any chance that'll bump me up a few weeks?"

posted May 13 2018, 01:06 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD

"Well if you hadn't blocked out an entire day of my schedule it wouldn't be two weeks, it would've been this weekend." Moira pokes him in the chest, because clearly it's his fault she got an A. Not her own.

She considers his offer, lips pursed and index finger tapping her chin. Really mulls it over - Algernon is smart, she knows that. He'd probably be an actual help, too. It's her pride that's in the way.

"No," she says, looking back down at her journal. "I'll do it myself, but I'll reschedule something else and plan you in next week." She nods, that should work.

posted May 13 2018, 01:14 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
He gives Moira a disarming smile even when she jabs him in the chest. "But it was worth it, right?" he flashes a lopsided grin, bumping her shoulder lightly.

But she refuses his help and he knows that's Moira's pride talking. The concession puts a little smile on his face. "Next week," he nods, "Care for my company while you work, though?"

posted May 14 2018, 12:10 AM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
"I don't know." Moira's eyes flicker to her bag, the corner of her essay sticking out — as if still trying to mock her. She looks back at Algernon. "Was it?"

When he agrees to her offer, she nods and pens in his name. She then offers him a small smile, barely there. "It's a date." She doesn't even consider his offer for company, simply shakes her head. "No. You'll be a distraction."
posted May 15 2018, 11:39 AM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
Her grade still lingers on her mind, it seems. Algernon doesn't push it. Instead, he settles for a happy smile when he spies her penning him down. It's a good steal, especially when it comes to negotiating with Moira.

"I'm a distraction?" he bats his eyelashes, teasing, "I'll take that as a compliment, Moira~" His voice lilts in jest.

posted May 17 2018, 08:57 AM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
Rolling her eyes, Moira bumps her shoulder against his. "Now don't flatter yourself too much," she teases back. "It'll get to your head." She tucks her journal back in her bag and sits back, reaches out to stroke Poppy on the head.

"How was your day?" she asks, tearing her gaze away from the mouse and back up.

posted May 17 2018, 03:03 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
He gives her a cheeky but good natured smile. "Don't worry, you're the only one on my mind," he replies, joining her in reclining.

Carefully, he eases a hand off Poppy as Moira moves to pet her. He strokes a thumb along her side, watching her squeak noisily in response. "Okay," he replies, "Science club was boring this week. I left early."

posted May 19 2018, 07:37 AM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
Moira hums approvingly. "Good," she says, quirking an eyebrow. "I should be."

She runs her index finger down Poppy's back, stroking the soft fur. Then pulls her hand back, rests it in her lap with the other one.

"You don't take your clubs seriously enough," she tells him. "Why did you join if you're not going to stay for the whole meeting."
posted May 21 2018, 06:35 PM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
Algernon wrinkles his nose and makes a face. "Because I thought Severin would actually do interesting things about spell reactivity and warping transfiguration laws." Poppy set on his lap, he folds his arms, "All they do is talk about are those annoying fangled Muggle creations."

He slumps lower into the couch, bringing his head to rest on her shoulder. Softer, only for her to hear, he says, "Just need something to pass the time."

posted May 22 2018, 10:33 AM report
turned_in
slytherin
year, occupation
SIXTH YEAR
sexuality
HETEROFLEX
marital status
ENGAGED
blood, species
PUREBLOOD
"Isn't the entire point of the club to look at Muggle science, though?" Moira shrugs, shifts against the sofa when he leans his head against her shoulder.

Glancing down at him, she nods slowly. "Ofcourse." She offers him a small smile, sympathetic. "I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy soon enough."

posted May 22 2018, 11:40 AM report
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
THIS WAY COMES
SITE EVENT, THIS WAY COMES PT. II • The mysterious force is back with a vengeance, and on the night of October 17th, the castle has been placed on lockdown. Read how to join here. Lasts until May 31st.

FACULTY EVENT, THE DRACONIDS • Professor Tripathy has invited students to the astronomy towers to view the Draconid meteors. Lasts until June 1st.
affiliates
a resource community Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
realm of the seven Bleach Platinum Hearts
TO BITTER ENDINGS Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU