welcome back,
admin Guest
switch user
happy anniversary!
ALOHOMORA
a noncanon harry potter roleplay
welcome
Established in March 2017, ALOHOMORA is an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter roleplay in a — sometimes dark! — slice of life setting. Whether your character is a Hogwarts student or an auror working for the Ministry of Magic, our interactive world is steeped in possibility — and, of course, magic!

We encourage members to create and drive their own plot arcs, and as a community, emphasize good writing and character development. Want to join? Read our information, and pop into the cbox! We hope to meet you soon.
ACTIVITY LOG 016, 7/15. We're onto log sixteen — wow! Time sure does fly. Please read the directions and post here to save your characters!
autumn ( november 2018 )
staff.

Add Reply

EVENT 012, CREATE A SPELL, july 1st - july 31st
reigning queen of typos has 14 posts and 441 galleons. STARK is Offline.
turned_in
staff
year, occupation
list obsessed admin
sexuality
hetero
marital status
forever independent
blood, species
1/8th zombie
CREATE A SPELL
In an effort to add some more spells and potions to our spellbook, for this month's event, staff is asking members create their own! Don't worry if your characters aren't the sort to invent their own charms or brew their own potions - this event is entirely out of character!

Members have the entire month of July to come up with up to three spells and / or potions for us to add to our list. While all submissions will be added, at the end of the month, the member that has the most interesting, helpful or unique submission will earn a special prize from staff: ONE FREE STORE ITEM OF YOUR CHOICE!
PARTICIPATION
Each submission requires the following information:
LEVEL - what year a character has to be to be able to cast this spell or learn this potion. Use your best judgement. If staff believes it needs to be higher or lower, we will adjust accordingly when adding it to our list.
INCANTATION / NAME - for spells, you can include the incantation and the common name for the spell if there is one.
CATEGORY - what the spell / potion falls under. for potions, only indicate if it is healing or poison
EFFECT - what the spell /potion does. For potions, be sure to include potential side effects, if any, as well as how long the potion is expected to last. Key ingredients are not mandatory, but are encouraged!
For ease of access, we've provided our categorizing system below. If you think that your spell or potion fits into more than one of these categories, list them and staff will select what we think fits best before adding it to our list.
charm
counter-spell
curse
forbidden
healing
hex
jinx
poison / deadly
spell
transfiguration
Use the following format for your submissions. Don't forget to remove the '*' from the code tags!

CODE
[b]LEVEL:[/B] [b]CATEGORY:[/b] [code*]<b>Spell / Potion Name</b> ([i]created by USERNAME) • effect of spell / potion[/code*]
posted Jun 30 2018, 02:53 PM report
the most fabulous has 99 posts and 320 galleons. boo is Offline.
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
potions master
sexuality
PANSEXUAL
marital status
widow
blood, species
HALFBLOOD
POTIONS

LEVEL: fourth year
CATEGORY: n/a (effect)
CODE
<b>Concoction of Focus</b> ([i]created by boo[/i]) • A potion that makes the drinker less twitchy and distractable. Great for students that need to study for a test or for those who suffer from ADD/ADHD but can sometimes cause moodiness.

LEVEL: fifth year
CATEGORY: healing
CODE
<b>Mind Mending Brew</b> ([i]created by boo[/i]) • A potion specifically for relieving headaches and migraines. If brewed improperly it will make current symptoms worse.

SPELLS

LEVEL: adult level
CATEGORY: healing
CODE
<b>Sarciosso</b> ([i]created by boo[/i]) • A very difficult spell for mending broken or shattered bones.  
posted Jul 2 2018, 11:26 AM report
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
CREATE A SPELL
SITE EVENT, CREATE A SPELL • In hopes to fill our spells & potions list with more unique magics, the staff is hosting an OOC event in which members are tasked with creating original spells and potions. The member with the most interesting potion will receive a special prize! Read about the event here. Lasts from July 1st — July 31st.
affiliates
Yuri Roleplay Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
Bleach Platinum Hearts TO BITTER ENDINGS Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play
F/BC surreality