local_florist
ALOHOMORA -> let's enthuse
cloud
ALOHwb_sunnyMORA
an intermediate harry potter inspired roleplay
SPRING IN
YOUR STEP !
Welcome to ALOHOMORA! We are an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter inspired roleplay that takes place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. From magical happenings to personal interactions, the site offers a casual slice of life experience for its members. If you're interested in complex characters, good writing, and creating your own elaborate plots, then ALOHOMORA may be your RP home!

Interested? Read through our informational threads and say hi to us in the cbox! We hope to see you around.
ACTIVITY LOG, 01/15 –
The first log of the new year is here! Follow this handy-dandy link to check it out! Remember to post both with your characters and in the log with a link to save them!

BODY SWITCH, 01/01 —
Our latest site event has been revealed! Some students and faculty members have been affected by a prank performed by some unruly (and clever) house elves. Check the post here to see how to reverse the body switching curse!
SPRING | APRIL
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

let's enthuse, tag: reverie gunning

The snow was melting. Spring was coming in. And as the sun started to show it’s face a little bit more, Trisha started to feel a bit more certain about what she was doing. She’d settled into a few clubs over the last few months and they, on top of her schoolwork, kept her busy enough to not dwell much on Sunny and what they’d said to each other the last time they’d met.

The common room was warm and cozy, and Trisha herself was tempted to stay there for a hundred or so years - but she had a club meetup soon, and she’s made a promise to herself that she wasn’t going to miss any meetups. Besides, she was already feeling her face and back heat up from wearing her mismatching and old outdoor clothes. Before she left the room, though, she caught sight of one of her seniors, and walked over to her.

“Hi Reverie,” Trisha greeted the blonde. “Are you going to club today?”

Trisha had picked up that the older students sometimes just called it ‘club’ when there was only one club that was relevant, and she’d begun doing the same the second she’d figured it out. A lot of fitting in seemed to be using the same words as everyone else, and that much Trisha knew she could do. Bludgers still scared her, but at least she now knew how to express that without seeming like a newbie or a wimp.

Kind of.

REVERIE GUNNING i can't title orz

when i see your smile
report posted on Nov 2 2017, 05:24 PM
81 posts. 350 galleons. fishie is Offline.
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
follow the leader enthusiast
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
She and Zoey may not have found a definitive solution to Reverie's inherent veela-ness on the pitch, but between their research and consultations with professor Severin, it was at least something to keep her going.

And at least made her feel less irritatingly bittersweet about the sport.

Ears perking as her name is called, Reverie turns to the underclassman, Trisha, and she smiles a little.

"Ah, ja! I vas just going now!" She responds readily, hair already tied back and ready. With any luck, she'd get some broom action today.

"Are you plannink on going as vell?"

please don't fall apart, i can't face your breaking heart. i'm trying to be brave, stop asking me to stay, 'cause i can't love you in the dark! it feels like we're oceans apart, there is so much space between us.
quidditch buds!!
kuzcotopia
report posted on Nov 9 2017, 11:08 AM
151 posts. 80 galleons. viv is Offline.
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fourteen years old
fourth year
female (she/her)
uncertain
single
half-veela
whoa there, jailbait
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

It’s a little silly, but Trisha takes a second to appreciate Reverie’s foreign accent and how it adds a certain something to her speech - but that’s the allure of fashionable Europe to a young British girl who exclusively wears second-hand clothes. Trisha tries to alter her accent slightly to sound just a little bit posher when she answers Reverie.

(Hopefully the change isn't noticeable)

“Yes, I’m going to head on down now,” Trisha says, and without a beat asks (something she’s rehearsed in her head a bit more than she’d admit), “Mind if I walk with you?”

REVERIE GUNNING

when i see your smile
report posted on Nov 11 2017, 05:37 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Reverie shakes her head as Trisha asks if she can tag along, smiling. "I vould not mind at all!" It'd be nice to have some company on the walk over!

Moving toward the exit, Reverie finds herself glancing over at Trisha more than once. They may not be particular close, but... Well, now is a good time, right? And they already both like quidditch.

"So, Trisha," Reverie starts, hoping to clear the awkward kind-of-friends-but-not-really air hovering between them.

"How has your team done so far zhis year?"

She refers, of course, to the professional teams. Figures Trisha's bound to like at least one in particular, for all their club mates discuss them.

please don't fall apart, i can't face your breaking heart. i'm trying to be brave, stop asking me to stay, 'cause i can't love you in the dark! it feels like we're oceans apart, there is so much space between us.
quidditch buds!!
kuzcotopia

report posted on Nov 11 2017, 02:06 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fourteen years old
fourth year
female (she/her)
uncertain
single
half-veela
whoa there, jailbait
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

Reverie not only seems open to the idea, she’s downright welcoming if her smile and voice is anything to go by. Trisha returns her smile and walks with Reverie towards the exit of the common room.

Truth be told, Trisha isn’t quite sure which team she wants to throw herself behind one hundred percent - none of them appeal to her geographically, or have impressed her in the same way the Surrey Storm or Manchester Thunder Netball teams had - but she's figured out that the Holyhead Harpies are a good starter team for any young witch to get behind (even if they did lack a cute bat mascot), so that's what Trisha’s been going with for the last couple of months.

“They beat Puddlemore United,” Trisha says with a grin on her face. Just becuse she’s not a complete fan doesn’t mean she doesn’t enjoy hearing about the matches. “I can't believe what a stink their captain is making over their loss. He should just be happy it was only a test match!

“How's your team going?”
she asks Reverie, not entirely sure who the blonde girl supported. Some fancy French team was her guess.

REVERIE GUNNING

when i see your smile
report posted on Nov 17 2017, 08:38 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Reverie nods at Trisha's news of her team. She remembers hearing of Puddlemere's whiny captain. Distantly, she thinks of her father, then of Scott. Then banishes the thought.

"Oh, ja, I know! Eet happens to efery team, and eet eez hardly good sportsmanship!" Reverie makes a face, shakes her head.

"Ah– Vell, my home team lost to zhe Heidelberd Harriers last veek."

Her home team is, of course, the one she grew up following. The Wien Walküre, of Austria.

"But, my lokal team eez not doink so bad."

quidditch buds!!
kuzcotopia
report posted on Nov 17 2017, 10:25 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fourteen years old
fourth year
female (she/her)
uncertain
single
half-veela
whoa there, jailbait
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

“Right!” Trisha, too, shakes her head, mirroring Reverie. It’s awful sportsmanship indeed, and it’s easy to look down on it as a spectator.

“The Heidelberd Harriers…” Trisha mouths the team’s name, her voice barely audible, as she briefly recalls hearing them mentioned before. Something about a surprisingly long match with her own team many, many years ago.

“So who’s your local team?” Trisha asks, genuinely curious who someone like Reverie would choose to support.

Y’know, aside from the wonderful Hufflepuff team who will always be winning in our hearts.

REVERIE GUNNING

when i see your smile
report posted on Nov 21 2017, 06:55 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
"Ah!" That's right, most UK wizards don't know about the foreign teams, unless they're international bigshots.

"It's zhe Wien Walküres! Zhey are from Vienna!"

Reverie wonders how the dancers are. If the veela she grew up knowing are still dancing, or have moved on.

"Vhich vun is your local team, Trisha? I don't remember eef you'fe said before... Sorry."

quidditch buds!!
kuzcotopia
report posted on Nov 21 2017, 11:11 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fourteen years old
fourth year
female (she/her)
uncertain
single
half-veela
whoa there, jailbait
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

“The…” For a moment, Trisha tries to repeat the team name, but she gives up in record time. Foreign languages have never been her strong suit and she doesn’t want to make a fool of herself. “The Viennese team? That’s cool! I’ve never heard of them, sorry. But if they’re from somewhere as fancy as Vienna then they must be pretty cool.”

Truth be told, Trisha doesn’t even know which country Vienna is in. She would’ve assumed France but the name doesn’t sound French-y enough. She makes a mental note to look this up in the library later.

“Most of the UK teams are from Ireland, Scotland, or the South,” Trisha says, repeating what she’s picked up so far. “I think. I guess if I had to pick one of those areas as my local… well, anywhere but the South sounds good, right?” She finishes that with a bit of a laugh that starts off okay but devolves into being a bit awkward.

The southern part of England, as far as Trisha and Sunny had ever been concerned, was full of pompous people who came out in stampedes on sunny days to walk their dogs. But now Trisha wonders if maybe they were wrong.

Actually, she’s worrying a little that she’s said too long an answer for such a basic question, and tries to make up for it by suddenly declaring, “But no one’s better than Hufflepuff of course!”

REVERIE GUNNING

when i see your smile
report posted on Nov 25 2017, 09:34 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Trisha doesn't name a team, and Reverie wonders if she does have a favourite team. One "in the south" isn't very descriptive, after all.

"I suppose? But vhich team do you root for?" Reverie clarifies.

Still, Trisha's grab at their Hogwarts home team makes Reverie laugh a little. "Ja, zhat's true!"

A pang hits her chest. Knows too well her research with Zoey isn't exactly turning out as she'd hoped.

"Are you looking forvard to zhe upcoming match?"

quidditch buds!!
kuzcotopia
report posted on Nov 27 2017, 12:08 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fourteen years old
fourth year
female (she/her)
uncertain
single
half-veela
whoa there, jailbait
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

Oh.

Oh.

A blush creeps across Trisha’s face as she realises that she’d taken the phrase local team far too literally. Strangely enough, Reverie doesn’t make fun of her for her mistake nor does she so much as hint at Trisha’s dumbness. She does laugh a little, though, so maybe that’s how she reacts to--

“U-um, I like the Holyhead Harpies,” Trisha manages to half-splutter out as she tries to banish all the irrelevant thoughts from her mind. “Y’know, girl power and all that. Do it like a dude.”

Trisha is very aware of how dumb it sounds and every word she says stabs her heart a little, but it’s too late to run off now and, besides, she’s nowhere near creative enough to make up an excuse on the fly.

“Y-you mean against Ravenclaw?” Trisha asks for clarification as she pushes through all her self-criticisms. She tells herself to just keep the conversation going. “Honestly, I’d be more excited if we were up against one of the other houses. The Ravenclaw team is a bit…” Small. Unimpressive. Forgettable.

There’s a blatant pause as part of Trisha struggles to find a nice, alternative word, while another part of her gives up and lets Reverie finish the sentence by herself. She does, however, somewhat inexplicably finish her sentence with an “...innit?”

REVERIE GUNNING

when i see your smile
report posted on Nov 29 2017, 07:27 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Holyhead Harpies. Reverie nods, keeps that in mind. Even if Trisha seems a little unsure of her dedication to the team.

The other girl doesn't really give a definitive explanation about the Ravenclaw team, but reading her expression, Reverie laughs. Gets it.

"Ja, I know vhat you mean. Zheir keeper eez awful! Vonder vhy zhey keep zhem around," Reverie adds, making a face.

"Zhey really need to vork on zheir strategy, zhat's for sure!"

quidditch buds!!
kuzcotopia

report posted on Dec 1 2017, 10:44 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fourteen years old
fourth year
female (she/her)
uncertain
single
half-veela
whoa there, jailbait
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

Not only does Reverie get it, she doesn’t at all ask Trisha to painstakingly explain everything. It’s nice and refreshing, and Trisha feels a lot more comfortable talking down the Ravenclaw team.

“I know, right?” she says. “All they do is zip around willy-nilly with no plan or, I dunno... synchronicity?” Whew, that was a long word. “Anyway, you’d think for Ravenclaws they’d play the game a lot smarter.”

Trisha suddenly stops and for a brief moment her eyes are wide like a deer’s in the headlights. She’s just remembered that this awful keeper of Hogwarts’ least impressive team is also a member of the very club they’re going to a meeting for, and Trisha can’t help but check with Reverie that:

“This is just between us, right? I don’t want Aurelia having a go at us. Or Isaac.” Or, like, anyone else with biased favourites.

REVERIE GUNNING

when i see your smile
report posted on Dec 2 2017, 12:30 AM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Reverie giggles at Trisha's comment. She's funny, and in a good way at that!

"Of course! Ve nefer talk Hogwarts quidditch for a reason." Goodness knows a number of fights have broken out in previous years over it.

Reverie shrugs. "I am not vorried zhough. Zhey are normally relaxed off of zhe pitch, ja? So eet eez fine, I sink. I'm sure zhe ozher Houses hafe similar talk about ozher teams."

It's all part of competition. Smack talk, interesting match ups. And for Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw just hasn't been one lately.

Not when they can score so easy with their triple-team strategy against the sole keeper.

quidditch buds!!
kuzcotopia
report posted on Dec 2 2017, 10:57 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fourteen years old
fourth year
female (she/her)
uncertain
single
half-veela
whoa there, jailbait
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

Trisha stares for a moment, trying to figure out whether Reverie is giggling at her or with her, then tries to game the system by giggling a little bit herself.

It comes out a bit awkward and she stops immediately.

“Yeah, I guess they seem pretty relaxed,” Trisha agrees as noncommittally as she possibly can. She’s barely talked to the Ravenclaw players and has no idea how they’d really react to her saying such things.

“You’re on the reserve team, right?” Trisha suddenly voices her realisation out loud with a bit of a gasp. “What’s practice like? It looks so hard doing anything on those brooms.”

REVERIE GUNNING

when i see your smile
report posted on Dec 16 2017, 08:07 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
twelve years old
second
female
pansexual
single
muggle-born
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
BODY SWITCH
BODY SWITCH • Some students and faculty members have been affected by a prank! They must work together to switch back into their own bodies. Read how to do so here!
affiliates
a resource community INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings All of Me ♥ to bitter endings
realm of the seven Yuri Roleplay Avalon a Panfandom RP
Bleach Platinum Hearts Sengoku Horizon Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU

wb_sunny
Welcome,
admin Guest
log out
G
H
R
S
Alohomora is a Harry Potter roleplay created by Stark and Viv. Site information, including wandlore, was written by Stark. The skin and its custom boards, profiles, statistics, etc. were coded by Pandora using Jcink's Custom Forum Structure. The site templates, including the application and optional templates, were also coded by Pandora. The site banner, found on Zerochan, was created by Eihi. Our ad image was created by Sayhana. Our button images were created by Khanithakat, ナリコ, and Countess-Chocula. Other scripts include Malihu's Tooltip, Jawn's Code Modification, and Shine's Inbox Popout. The pixels used for the awards are from Candy Coded Response. Please do not steal or copy any part of this skin. All uncredited items belong to their original owner. Contact a staff member if you see a code or graphic being wrongfully used here; we will remove it.