local_florist
ALOHOMORA -> the curtains rise [ZE]
cloud
ALOHwb_sunnyMORA
an intermediate harry potter inspired roleplay
SPRING IN
YOUR STEP !
Welcome to ALOHOMORA! We are an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter inspired roleplay that takes place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. From magical happenings to personal interactions, the site offers a casual slice of life experience for its members. If you're interested in complex characters, good writing, and creating your own elaborate plots, then ALOHOMORA may be your RP home!

Interested? Read through our informational threads and say hi to us in the cbox! We hope to see you around.
ACTIVITY LOG 11, 02/15 —
It's that time again! Please reply to our latest activity log by the 28th of this month in order to save your characters! If you want a quick way to gather posts, you may also want to check out our current event.

POST LOG UPDATE, 02/01 –
With the log closed, we've made a few updates regarding faculty, claims, and more! Check it all out here!
SPRING | MAY
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

the curtains rise [ZE], opening night

Students, faculty, family members, and folks from the neighboring town of Hogsmeade all crowd into the great hall on this very special and rare occasion of Hogwart's opening it's gates. The school play has been advertised on weekends and spread like wildfire via word-of-mouth. Zsazsa is very excited to see the students bring the characters to life for more than just herself and the stage crew and with a smile and flick of her wand the house lights go down and a spotlight shines on the stage.

Zsazsa steps into the light, her black-sapphire gown sparkling as she moves. "Hello and velcome to Hogvarts production of The Game; an eg-zi-ting story of mor-al-ity and tant-ali-zhing drama. Ve hope you vill all enjoy." There is polite applause as she exits and the curtains are drawn open to Life and Death.

report posted on Dec 4 2017, 12:05 PM
51 posts. 90 galleons. boo is Offline.
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-seven years old
potions master
FEMALE ( SHE/HER )
PANSEXUAL
widow
HALFBLOOD
the most fabulous
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

LIFE has missed their cue and is late to the stage. Zsazsa motions for someone to get out there.

report posted on Dec 7 2017, 06:00 PM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-seven years old
potions master
FEMALE ( SHE/HER )
PANSEXUAL
widow
HALFBLOOD
the most fabulous
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
pacify her
stop lying with those words.
Look. It’s a small mistake.

She totally didn’t miss her cue because she’s too busy doing last minute touches on her hair with Zoey, bathing in the warm glow of her friend’s compliments.

Of course not.

Charlie glides onto stage in her toga, hair cascades around her shoulder, stands at her spot, and starts counting —

"Fifty thousand, fifty-one, sixty-five, ninety…”

report posted on Dec 8 2017, 01:37 AM
117 posts. 35 galleons. high is Offline.
slytherin
wb_sunny
seventeen years old
sixth year
female ( she / her )
heteroflex
single and ready to mingle
muggle-born
basically regina george
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
how can a moment last forever? how can a story never die?
Chet has to admit, the entire outfit for Death looks pretty darn swell. And it matches his hair, too.

He can't blame Charlie for being a bit late if she's been busy staring at the mirror (heck, he'd do the same) but he does cut a nervous gaze between Professor Varadi and the stage as she motions for someone to get out there.

Thankfully, Charlie appears and Chet slips onto the stage at the same time. He seats himself down, starts rolling dice between his hands. Every now and then, he tosses one up, and catches it.

"Come come, Life, forget your losses," he says, interrupting Charlie's counting. "It's no fun playing with a dull partner. I had hoped for a good game tonight, although there is little in it for me--just a couple of suicides." He chuckles then, and tosses his dice upwards once more.

JARONART
report posted on Dec 8 2017, 02:47 PM
208 posts. 1120 galleons. jaronart is Offline.
gryffindor
wb_sunny
EIGHTEEN years old
SEVENTH YEAR
male / he
bisexual (male leaning)
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
pacify her
Charlie paces on her spot, looks between her counted fingers, then at Chet. The worry, a rare look for her, seems genuine.

"My dear Death, I wish you would grant me a favor…” she probes.

report posted on Dec 8 2017, 03:17 PM
slytherin
wb_sunny
seventeen years old
sixth year
female ( she / her )
heteroflex
muggle-born
basically regina george
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Chet thinks that outside of this play, he's never seen the confident Charlie Yao look worried. It's unnerving.

He grumbles as he rolls the dice in his palm. "A favor. A favor. Now isn't that just like a woman? I never saw one yet who was willing to abide by the results of a fair game," he mutters, sounding displeased.

JARONART
report posted on Dec 8 2017, 03:33 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
EIGHTEEN years old
SEVENTH YEAR
male / he
bisexual (male leaning)
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
pacify her
Charlie paces closer, hands out in an attempt to implore.

"But I want these two,whether I win or lose! I really must have them!”

She turns away, as if embarrassed by her momentary outburst.

"They are geniuses--and you know how badly I am in need of geniuses right now,” she explains with a sigh. Dramatically, Charlie tosses her hair back.

"Ungrateful spoiled children! They always want to commit suicide over their first disappointments.”

report posted on Dec 8 2017, 03:40 PM
slytherin
wb_sunny
seventeen years old
sixth year
female ( she / her )
heteroflex
muggle-born
basically regina george
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Chet scoffs at Life's melodrama, frowning at the dice in his hand. "How many times must I tell you that the game must be played!" he replies back, irritably. "It's the law--you know it as well as I do."
JARONART
report posted on Dec 8 2017, 03:45 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
EIGHTEEN years old
SEVENTH YEAR
male / he
bisexual (male leaning)
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
pacify her
Charlie shrugs, crosses her arms.

”Oh, the law!” She shakes her head. He thinks he can reason her into it. ”Laws are always in your favor, Death!”

report posted on Dec 8 2017, 04:30 PM
slytherin
wb_sunny
seventeen years old
sixth year
female ( she / her )
heteroflex
muggle-born
basically regina george
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Chet grumbles even louder. "There you are. I always said the universe would be in a wild state of disorder if the women had any say!" He shakes his head, juggling the dice in one hand. "No, you must play the game."
JARONART
report posted on Dec 8 2017, 04:32 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
EIGHTEEN years old
SEVENTH YEAR
male / he
bisexual (male leaning)
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail

The show must go on, that's the motto of every thespian in existance. No matter what happens, no matter who's late. The show goes on... However, DEATH forget's their next line.

10 points to charlie yao for that save.
report posted on Dec 8 2017, 04:32 PM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-seven years old
potions master
FEMALE ( SHE/HER )
PANSEXUAL
widow
HALFBLOOD
the most fabulous
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
pacify her
Charlie’s arm shoots to her side, and she stalks closer.

“Whoever said anything about not playing? All I want is your consent to meet here before the game begins!”

report posted on Dec 8 2017, 04:51 PM
slytherin
wb_sunny
seventeen years old
sixth year
female ( she / her )
heteroflex
muggle-born
basically regina george
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Chet searches for the next line, and he thinks he knows it. But he can't quite remember — something about the suicides, perhaps? Or maybe it was about the game...

Chet throws his arms out, frustrated, because that seems like the best reaction to Life's lines. He fumbles for something to say. "My consent?" he echoes uselessly, casting Charlie a quick glance that says 'help'.

JARONART
report posted on Dec 8 2017, 05:02 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
EIGHTEEN years old
SEVENTH YEAR
male / he
bisexual (male leaning)
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
pacify her
She waits.

I haven't paid much attention to the case.

Instead Chet looks at her with a frown. Her eyes narrow.

Bloody idiot.

She pauses, brain reworking her line.

”Yes your consent! She repeats again. There’s a short pause.

”…For the Youth and the Girl to meet! He is a Poet, and she a Dancer…”

If he keeps giving her that look she’s going to strangle him. After the play.

report posted on Dec 8 2017, 05:30 PM
slytherin
wb_sunny
seventeen years old
sixth year
female ( she / her )
heteroflex
muggle-born
basically regina george
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Chet lights up when Charlie saves the day. Though he does avoid her gaze after — it's downright murderous. Really, she'd be far more fitting in Death's role than Life's, he thinks.

"A strong man and a beautiful woman," he says, recalling the lines. He gives a shoulder-shaking chuckle. "Up to the same old tricks, eh? You sly thing, you think if they meet they'll fall in love and cheat me!"

Chet pauses a moment, to compose himself and to square off with Charlie. "Well, suppose I consent. What will you give?" he asks, tilting his head.

JARONART
report posted on Dec 8 2017, 05:58 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
EIGHTEEN years old
SEVENTH YEAR
male / he
bisexual (male leaning)
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
STUDY BREAK
SITE EVENT, STUDY BREAK • The Hogwarts Library is open 24 hours before OWLs and NEWTs exams, and students are welcome to study there. Snacks and refreshments are provided. You can read more about this event here!
affiliates
a resource community INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
All Was Well realm of the seven Yuri Roleplay Avalon a Panfandom RP
Bleach Platinum Hearts Sengoku Horizon Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU
Zootopia: Dark and gritty TO BITTER ENDINGS Stroke of Luck ♥

wb_sunny
Welcome,
admin Guest
log out
G
H
R
S
Alohomora is a Harry Potter roleplay created by Stark and Viv. Site information, including wandlore, was written by Stark. The skin and its custom boards, profiles, statistics, etc. were coded by Pandora using Jcink's Custom Forum Structure. The site templates, including the application and optional templates, were also coded by Pandora. The site banner, found on Zerochan, was created by Eihi. Our ad image was created by Sayhana. Our button images were created by Khanithakat, ナリコ, and Countess-Chocula. Other scripts include Malihu's Tooltip, Jawn's Code Modification, and Shine's Inbox Popout. The pixels used for the awards are from Candy Coded Response. Please do not steal or copy any part of this skin. All uncredited items belong to their original owner. Contact a staff member if you see a code or graphic being wrongfully used here; we will remove it.