welcome back,
admin Guest
switch user
happy anniversary!
ALOHOMORA
a noncanon harry potter roleplay
welcome
Established in March 2017, ALOHOMORA is an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter roleplay in a — sometimes dark! — slice of life setting. Whether your character is a Hogwarts student or an auror working for the Ministry of Magic, our interactive world is steeped in possibility — and, of course, magic!

We encourage members to create and drive their own plot arcs, and as a community, emphasize good writing and character development. Want to join? Read our information, and pop into the cbox! We hope to meet you soon.
ACTIVITY LOG 016, 7/15. We're onto log sixteen — wow! Time sure does fly. Please read the directions and post here to save your characters!
autumn ( november 2018 )
staff.
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

SUPERSTAR, ⇢ marcus de vitte
has 99 posts and 45 galleons. high is Offline.
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
( December, 2017 )

“Maaaarcus,” Sydney sing-songs as she weaves through the corridor. Lined with suits of armors, the hallway is silent except for pad of her feet against plush carpet. She inspects the tapestries while she glides by, glances behind the armors. Nothing. “Marcus, where are you?” She calls, looking around.

That’d be problematic, wouldn’t it, if she lost Miss. De Vitte’s son.

posted Apr 4 2018, 01:36 PM report
has 87 posts and 880 galleons. Jenova is Offline.
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
First
sexuality
Undecided
marital status
Single
blood, species
1/8 Goblin
with my heart upon my sleeve
"I'm right here," Marcus whispers, sighing, "Don't go ahead of me like that." He scolded her, as much as a child could, that is. It probably didn't sound very menacing coming from him.

He glances around and takes a map that he drew by hand from his bag. He thought that Sydney might want to see it, so he made sure to bring it with him. "So," He asks, "Where to?"
posted Apr 4 2018, 11:32 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
I’m right here.

Syd’s head whips around, pigtails bunting jaw. She grins. “Well, you better keep up if you wanna run with the big kids, slowpoke.”

Still, she meanders back to Marcus. Sydney leans over the map Marcus pulled out, marveling.

“You drew this all by yourself, kid?” She reaches out for the parchment, handling it as if it’s delicate treasure.

“Well…” she peers at the map, head tilting one way, then another. “Last I heard, this spot is where the secret corridor is…” Sydney taps a nail gently against the hallway corresponding to theirs.

“Behind a tapestry, supposedly.”

posted Apr 5 2018, 01:39 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
First
sexuality
Undecided
marital status
Single
blood, species
1/8 Goblin
"I did." Marcus beamed, "Be careful with it, okay?" He was proud of his work, and was happy to share it with the right people.

"Hey, wait," He said suddenly, "The 'big' kids? I think I'm doing okay!" Marcus protests, hands on his hips, trying not to pout.

"Anyway!" He recovers, peering at the map, "There's a secret corridor to the library that I use a lot, and there's one that goes to Hogsmeade -"

Marcus' eyes lit up, "Or maybe there's a secret passage somewhere that I don't know about - yet! Hogwarts is pretty cool, huh?"
posted Apr 5 2018, 02:38 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
The grin Syd flashes him is mostly teeth, mostly mischief.

They look over the map together in the dim lantern light, their shadows touching at the forehead over the parchment.

“Ooh, that’s handy,” she hums as Marcus talks about the corridors, marked by a child’s hand writing on the map.

“Dunno if you’re familiar with this one.” Sydney looks up around the hallway. Where Marcus’ eyes lights up, Syd’s dim. “My mum told me about it.” Among many others.

posted Apr 5 2018, 03:57 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
First
sexuality
Undecided
marital status
Single
blood, species
1/8 Goblin
"It really is." Marcus nods, "Too bad there's no passage that goes right to the sweets shop, that'd be awesome." His eyes are lit up with a childish wonder, and a look that thinks he could very well discover it one day.

"It looks familiar," He says after a brief pause, "I heard there's more than one passage to Hogsmeade, though." He returns Syd's grin, "Let's go! I wonder what we could find."
posted Apr 5 2018, 10:08 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
“Hey, we’ll find one,” Syd pats the boy on the head, small hand covering silver.

Syd sidles over to one of the tapestries, lifting a corner carefully and peeking behind. Brick.

“It can’t be as easy as a hole behind the tapestry…right?” She mumbles, quirking a brow.

posted Apr 7 2018, 12:48 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
First
sexuality
Undecided
marital status
Single
blood, species
1/8 Goblin
"Where there's a will, there's a way." Marcus murmurs, his eyes looking over the area that Sydney uncovered. He hums, and taps the surface lightly.

"Is this the spot?" He asks, "Maybe there's a password. Or," He stops, and looks up at her. "Try giving it a tap with your wand?"
posted Apr 7 2018, 12:04 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
Sydney looks from the boy to the tapestry then down the hall.

There’s a lot to look through.

“My mum — “ she clears her throat, closing her eyes. “Mum mentioned something about a north star. I thought maybe it meant it’s…north of the castle? But also — “ She drops the tapestry and steps back to inspect it: rolling green hill, hounds bounding, in the distance hunter give chase. The threaded sky is clear.

“Maybe it’s a night scene.” She hums.

posted Apr 7 2018, 12:22 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
First
sexuality
Undecided
marital status
Single
blood, species
1/8 Goblin
"North star," Marcus hums again, "That sounds likely, yeah. But I wonder, do we wait for it, or do we have to come back at a certain time?"

He hadn't seen anything like this before, and was curious to learn more about it. He taps the portrait curiously. It doesn't seem to do anything.
posted Apr 7 2018, 01:34 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
It’s a puzzle. Must be. Sydney’s brow quirks, pulling her wand out from her pocket.

She lays it leveled in her hand, like a boat floating, and casts the Point-Me spell.

The wand wobbles, spins over her palm. It points north.

“Look for a night scene tapestry,” Sydney tells the boy as she starts heading north.

posted Apr 7 2018, 10:32 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
First
sexuality
Undecided
marital status
Single
blood, species
1/8 Goblin
Marcus nods, and looks around. His eyes go from tapestry to tapestry, but doesn't find anything matching Sydney's description, until -

"Hey!" He calls out to her, "Is this it?" Marcus points at his discovery, waiting for her to analyze it for herself.
posted Apr 7 2018, 11:28 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
Hey!

Sydney’s head pops out from behind a tapestry she’s inspecting, her hat slightly askew.

She wanders over to Marcus, looking up at the tapestry with him. Navy blue threads weaves the sea, and the night sky above it. The reflection of a boat murky in the water. In the sky and mirrored in the water, a single bright star.

“Good one, kid.” The corner of her lips lift. Sydney scrubs her palm through Marcus’ hair.

posted Apr 8 2018, 01:53 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
First
sexuality
Undecided
marital status
Single
blood, species
1/8 Goblin
"Hey, hey, stop -" Marcus shakes his head, taking a second to regain his composure, "So what's next? Any ideas?"

He looks at the star on the tapestry, and pauses thoughtfully. "Maybe this goes to the Astronomy tower," He muses out loud.
posted Apr 8 2018, 04:26 PM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
sixth year ( seeker )
sexuality
panrom demisexual
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
Sydney giggles as Marcus’s already messy head of hair comes away more mussed up than before under her hand.

“That’d be boring — “ Sydney says before she can stop herself. She wrinkles her nose. Who wants a secret passage to Tripathy?

She plucks at the corner of the tapestry. Behind is stone. Of course it wouldn’t be that easy.

Sydney steps back, scratching her head, fingers sinking into curls.

“Hmm…” she hums, stepping up to inspect the star. She pulls out her wand.

“You want me to levitate you up there to check out the star?” She grins. If Marcus doesn’t want to, she can levitate herself. But as a kid, Syd never passed up a chance to float around.

posted Apr 11 2018, 12:22 PM report
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
CREATE A SPELL
SITE EVENT, CREATE A SPELL • In hopes to fill our spells & potions list with more unique magics, the staff is hosting an OOC event in which members are tasked with creating original spells and potions. The member with the most interesting potion will receive a special prize! Read about the event here. Lasts from July 1st — July 31st.
affiliates
Yuri Roleplay Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
Bleach Platinum Hearts TO BITTER ENDINGS Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play
F/BC surreality