local_florist
ALOHOMORA -> persistent spirit
cloud
ALOHwb_sunnyMORA
an intermediate harry potter inspired roleplay
SPRING IN
YOUR STEP !
Welcome to ALOHOMORA! We are an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter inspired roleplay that takes place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. From magical happenings to personal interactions, the site offers a casual slice of life experience for its members. If you're interested in complex characters, good writing, and creating your own elaborate plots, then ALOHOMORA may be your RP home!

Interested? Read through our informational threads and say hi to us in the cbox! We hope to see you around.
ACTIVITY LOG, 01/15 –
The first log of the new year is here! Follow this handy-dandy link to check it out! Remember to post both with your characters and in the log with a link to save them!

BODY SWITCH, 01/01 —
Our latest site event has been revealed! Some students and faculty members have been affected by a prank performed by some unruly (and clever) house elves. Check the post here to see how to reverse the body switching curse!
SPRING | APRIL
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

persistent spirit, fraser ross
who shot that arrow in your throat? who missed the crimson apple? this calamity! this garden was perfect. give me your immortality — i'll set you up against the stars!
Kitty gets there a few minutes early, tights and leotard under her robes and her ballet slippers on her feet. Setting up the music, she shakes her head. "Can't believe I'm fuckin' doing this," She mumbles to herself, standing and pushing play.

An instrumental four-count plays, and she counts along as she pushes more desks out of the way, keeping a few chairs near for a makeshift barre.

Fraser is... something. That's for sure.

Doing a quick warm up so she's ready when he appears, Kitty lifts her head when the fourth track starts, the Hufflepuff finally appearing.

"There you are. Sure took a while."

FRASER ROSS 105 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 20 2017, 03:12 PM
182 posts. 5 galleons. viv is Offline.
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
– we were like gods –
Whoops. He's late.

Fraser himself had pressed for dance lessons, but when it got to actually preparing to learn ballet, he had no idea what to do. And thus, he spent far too long fretting over what he should wear instead of watching the time.

He bursts into the room, panting, vaguely registering the notes of music being played. He blinks at the gryffindor's greeting, quickly gives an apologetic smile. "Sorry I'm late, Vash," he says, taking a deep breath to cool down. "Wasn't sure what to wear."

Fraser's slipped on grey sweatpants and a baggy yellow t-shirt emblazoned with the word 'what' in big, black lettering. He blinks at Vash, tilts his head left and right in what he considers a good way to start a warm-up. "Okay, so what are we doing first?"

report posted on Oct 20 2017, 05:01 PM
179 posts. 750 galleons. jaronart is Offline.
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
male / he
bisexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
who shot that arrow in your throat? who missed the crimson apple? this calamity! this garden was perfect. give me your immortality — i'll set you up against the stars!
Kitty sighs at Fraser's apology and explanation, shaking her head. "What you've got is fine, so long as you can move in it." She steps away from the chair back "barre," takes off her own robe, throws it over to a desk. It smacks into it and falls to the ground. Whatever.

Looking pointedly at the boy's feet, Kitty raises an eyebrow. "If you don't have slippers, you'll want to go either barefoot or with socks. You need to be able to flex and point your feet."

Tossing her hair back, Kitty takes a black hairband from her wrist, pulls it back. "We're gonna be using chair backs for a barre, since the school doesn't have one..." Looking over at Fraser, Kitty considers where to start.

"So do you know anything about ballet, or should I start from the beginning?"

FRASER ROSS 140 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 20 2017, 06:24 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
– we were like gods –
Fraser sighs with relief when she says what he's got is okay. And then Vash takes off her robe, revealing a leotard and tights. He goes brilliant red — partially because he didn't expect her to suddenly do so and also because he just imagined himself wearing the exact same thing.

Awkward.

Curse his red hair for making his cheeks blush so easily.

"Slippers?" he echoes. "Uh nope, I don't have slippers..." He looks at his sneakered feet when Vash points them out and quickly kicks them off, leaving him in his socks. Then when he nearly slips on the floor, takes off the socks, too.

Vash ties up her hair (she's pretty), and Fraser shakes his head when asked if he knows anything about ballet. "Nope. Not a single clue," he says, a wide, sheepish grin on his features. "Unless you mean like. Swan Lake or the Nutcracker ballet. I've watched them, they're such beautiful pieces, you know? But no, I haven't done any sort of ballet, much less dance, before." He rubs the back of his neck. "Well....unless you count one or two breakdance lessons..."

report posted on Oct 20 2017, 06:36 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
male / he
bisexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
No slippers, no dance background, no practical knowledge of ballet. Kitty sighs. That's about what she expected, but it would've been nice had he surprised her with a little something.

At his comment about breakdancing, she shakes her head. "I don't." The principles are hardly the same, even if most modern dances had some initial foundation from ballet. "All right. We'll start from the beginning then."

Tucking her hair into a makeshift bun around the band, Kitty settles on where to start. "There are five basic positions of the feet in ballet. First, second, third, fourth, and fifth. These are used in warm ups, and often in regards to certain moves, though we'll get to that later. Now, watch my feet and arms."

Taking a breath, Kitty positions her feet with her heels together, feet turned out in a straight line. Her arms are low in front of her, hands gently curled in. "This is first position."

Stepping her right foot out, she spreads her arms. "Second." She holds it for a moment, so he can pay attention.

"Third." She brings her feet close together, then places the heel of her right near the arch of her left. Her left arm comes in front of her. Holds it.

"Fourth." She steps forward with her right foot. Her left arm raises, the right one curving in front of her. Waits again.

"And fifth." Both arms are up now, her feet together again. This time, however, her right heel is directly touching her left toe, and right toe against her left heel. After waiting a beat, Kitty relaxes, sliding her right foot out and pointing it, stretching.

Now that she's relaxed, she fixes her eye on Fraser. "Any questions, or are ya gonna give it a go?"

FRASER ROSS 295 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 20 2017, 09:01 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
– we were like gods –
She doesn't count break dance, and he doesn't expect her to. Though he thinks she sounds just a little too resigned when she says they'll start from the top.

He blinks when she mentions five basic positions. Well...okay. Five. Sure. He can remember that. Fraser's eyes are trained on Katarina's form, following the movements, but by the time they've gotten to the fifth, Fraser's already forgotten the second and third.

"Um....yeah. Can we go through that a little slower?" he mumbles, shifting his feet together in...in the first position? He tries to turn his feet out in a straight line like Vash had done, but fails miserably — he's just not that flexible.

He curves his arms in front of him, hands hanging low but curled inward. He feels...awkward. And embarrassed. But he still wants to try this so hey. "Er, was this the first position?" he asks trying to mirror her.

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 04:53 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
male / he
bisexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
When he asks to go slower, Kitty has to stop herself from shaking her head, even as he attempts to assume first position/ He's unbalanced and awkward, trying to turnout too much, his arms too stiff. If Madam Karina were here–

She stops that train of thought. Madam Karina isn't here, likely won't ever see her again. And she doesn't have to be like Madam Karina, either.

"Don't turn out so much," Kitty instructs. "Do what you can, but don't sacrifice posture or balance. And don't put so much tension in your arms. It's–" Kitty groans, mouth twisting into a frown. How to explain...?

Assuming first to try and think, Kitty considers how her arms feel. "It's more like... energy through them. So don't tense, but don't have 'em just swingin' 'round with no purpose. For a quick cheat, just stick ya middle finger out, let the others relax. Looks pretty, real easy."

She glances over at Fraser now, hands moving to her hips as she tilts her head. "And don't slump forward either. Shoulders down, head tall."

FRASER ROSS 178 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 05:06 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
– we were like gods –
This is hard.

Fraser shuffles his feet inward a little, relieved he doesn't have to point his feet out all the way. He thought his arms, at least, were doing all right, but she quickly notes that they're too rigid, too tense. He tries to relax; it doesn't work.

"Stick ya middle finger out, let the others relax. Looks pretty, real easy."

He barks out a laugh, but tries as she suggests. Vash is right — it does look a little better.

Fraser moves back his shoulders, holds his chin just a tad higher as he straightens his back. It's an awkward position, but it's definitely more comfortable than whatever he'd been trying to pull earlier. "Um okay, so this is the first position, right?" he asks, holding it. "What do we do for the second, again?"

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 05:13 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
male / he
bisexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
She smiles a little as he laughs. Much better reaction than complaints or discouragement at her corrections.

Looking over his posture after he adjusts it, she nods her head. "Yeah, that's it. Much better." She says with a nod. "Okay, for second position, you just..." Kitty straightens her head, takes a step out, and opens up her arms.

"...Like that."

FRASER ROSS 60 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 05:25 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
– we were like gods –
Fraser's eyes follow her movements. He's still grinning, happy that he's at least started off somewhat okay. At least he isn't failing miserably right now.

He moves his right foot to the side, raises his arms to form a sort of 'T' shape with his body. Glances at his position before he looks back at Vash.

He wonders what happened to her other eye.

"Like this?" he asks, straightening his back once more.

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 05:28 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
male / he
bisexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
With a glance at his feet, Kitty nods. "Yeah. Knees over toes, though – ya don't got a large turnout, so if you need to look down and check, do it. Not good for you otherwise."

Kitty gives him a moment to consider, while stepping out of the position herself. She moves to look at his posture from the side, raises an eyebrow. "You're stickin' yer arse out. Tuck it under yaself."

FRASER ROSS 71 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 06:11 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
– we were like gods –
Fraser looks down at his legs, pushes his knees just a tad forward so they cover his toes. He lifts his gaze to horizontal again, notices his balance is wobbly, then looks down once more to correct his posture.

His gaze trails Vash, who moves to the side to get a profile view, and then she tells him he's sticking his arse out. He flames red, quickly straightening and correcting his mistake.

He can feel his cheeks still flushed when he asks his question. "Better?"

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 06:17 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
male / he
bisexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
Fraser flushes when she tells him to tuck in his ass, and somehow Kitty's frazzled by this too. "Ugh, don't make it weird!" She snaps. "It's bad for your back and posture if it sticks out, okay?!" she's starting to regret this now. Ugh.

"Ugh, just. Whatever. Just... Third position."

FRASER ROSS 50 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 06:25 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
– we were like gods –
Fraser feels himself growing brighter red, and not for the first time, he curses his red hair. "I'm not making anything weird!" he insists. "I didn't even say anything!" He hears her explain the technicalities about posture but it's overshadowed by his trying to lessen the red in his cheeks.

He relaxes when she tells him to try out the third position, but he doesn't have a single clue what it was. Not really. He puts his feet in a 'T' shape and holds out both his arms in an attempt to guess. "Um, was it this...?"

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 06:50 PM
hufflepuff
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
male / he
bisexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
His third position is completely wrong, and Kitty can't help but groan. "No. Not even close. Like this." Kitty stands in front of him, facing the Hufflepuff, and assumes third position.

Poised, she looks at him, gaze harsher than it needs to be. "Heel in at the arch, arms like so. Got it?"

FRASER ROSS 53 WORDS © kuzcotopia

report posted on Oct 21 2017, 06:55 PM
gryffindor
wb_sunny
fifteen years old
fifth year
nonbinary (she/they)
some kinda queer
single
muggleborn
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
BODY SWITCH
BODY SWITCH • Some students and faculty members have been affected by a prank! They must work together to switch back into their own bodies. Read how to do so here!
affiliates
a resource community INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings All of Me ♥ to bitter endings
realm of the seven Yuri Roleplay Avalon a Panfandom RP
Bleach Platinum Hearts Sengoku Horizon Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU

wb_sunny
Welcome,
admin Guest
log out
G
H
R
S
Alohomora is a Harry Potter roleplay created by Stark and Viv. Site information, including wandlore, was written by Stark. The skin and its custom boards, profiles, statistics, etc. were coded by Pandora using Jcink's Custom Forum Structure. The site templates, including the application and optional templates, were also coded by Pandora. The site banner, found on Zerochan, was created by Eihi. Our ad image was created by Sayhana. Our button images were created by Khanithakat, ナリコ, and Countess-Chocula. Other scripts include Malihu's Tooltip, Jawn's Code Modification, and Shine's Inbox Popout. The pixels used for the awards are from Candy Coded Response. Please do not steal or copy any part of this skin. All uncredited items belong to their original owner. Contact a staff member if you see a code or graphic being wrongfully used here; we will remove it.