welcome back,
admin Guest
switch user
happy anniversary!
ALOHOMORA
a noncanon harry potter roleplay
welcome
Established in March 2017, ALOHOMORA is an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter roleplay in a — sometimes dark! — slice of life setting. Whether your character is a Hogwarts student or an auror working for the Ministry of Magic, our interactive world is steeped in possibility — and, of course, magic!

We encourage members to create and drive their own plot arcs, and as a community, emphasize good writing and character development. Want to join? Read our information, and pop into the cbox! We hope to meet you soon.
ACTIVITY LOG, 6/15. The 15th's hit, and you know what that means... activity log time! Make sure to post in it by the 30th and save your characters!

POST–LOG UPDATE, 6/1. Hi, all! The log is once again finished, and you can read our big post–log update here. We hope some of our new additions will make rping here that much better. Thank you so much for your continued activity!
autumn ( november 2018 )
staff.

Add Reply

SHIVER SHIVER, ↪ attilie mun
has 546 posts and 145 galleons. PICKLES is Offline.
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
healing staff
sexuality
asexual
marital status
dating
blood, species
halfblood
A cut-out of an old issue of Alohomora News sits on the counter. The cauldron beside it bubbles with effervescence while Freyja sits before it, stirring quietly.

Occasionally, she brings her finger to rest on paper, checking something, before adding another ingredient. She sits beside it, quietly filling in a crossword while she waits for the brew.

posted May 26 2018, 09:15 AM report
has 768 posts and 840 galleons. pandora is Offline.
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
year 7 ( head girl )
sexuality
heteroflexible
marital status
engaged
blood, species
pureblood
glitter in
the gutter
When Attie steps into the infirmary, sent by Professor Hawkins with a short list, she smells Seoul. Ji–Min's face appears in a doorway with a scalding teacup, rising steam a dragon's tail.

Attie glimpses Nurse Hansen working over a cauldron, sweat dotting her hairline. Beside her: a curled page of a newspaper.

The Head Girl flushes suddenly, surprised.
posted May 26 2018, 06:12 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
healing staff
sexuality
asexual
marital status
dating
blood, species
halfblood
Sensing a presence, Freyja glances up, registering Attie before her. She sets the book and pen down with a small nod of acknowledgement.

"Did you need something?" she asks, noting the girl's look of surprise.

posted May 27 2018, 01:19 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
year 7 ( head girl )
sexuality
heteroflexible
marital status
engaged
blood, species
pureblood
glitter in
the gutter
"Did you need something?"

Attie blinks. "Sorry — yes."

She wanders closer, unfolding Professor Hawkins's list in her hand. She pauses near Nurse Hansen's work station, the potion's spice singeing her memories. Attie hands the slip of paper to the nurse.

"Is that...?" Her eyes slip to the newspaper clipping, half her name visible: Att.
posted May 29 2018, 01:41 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
healing staff
sexuality
asexual
marital status
dating
blood, species
halfblood
Freyja looks over the list, nodding. "I can get this prepared. Just let me—"

Setting the paper down beside her recipe, she watches it for a moment, checking the time. When Attie asks, Freyja glances back down at the clipping. "It's ah... just something my brother passed to me."

"It looked interesting. I thought I'd try it out."

posted Jun 2 2018, 10:09 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
year 7 ( head girl )
sexuality
heteroflexible
marital status
engaged
blood, species
pureblood
glitter in
the gutter
"It looked interesting..."

"Oh," Attie says.

The girl cards her fingers through her hair. "I can watch it, if you need."
posted Jun 4 2018, 12:05 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
healing staff
sexuality
asexual
marital status
dating
blood, species
halfblood
"Can you?" Freyja asks, picking the list up in her hand.

"It's supposed to sit for ten minutes... so about five minutes more. Then you have to strain it..." she explains.

posted Jun 9 2018, 10:09 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
year 7 ( head girl )
sexuality
heteroflexible
marital status
engaged
blood, species
pureblood
glitter in
the gutter
"Right," Attie says.

She trades places with Professor Hansen has she stands, eyes watching the cauldron's slow simmer.

Spice tickling her nose, Attie smooths her fingers over the paper clipping, fingertips lingering on Mun. She thinks of her brother, shadowed in the doorframe as she cut ginger into pieces. How he wears that same look all the time lately.
posted Jun 13 2018, 05:27 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
healing staff
sexuality
asexual
marital status
dating
blood, species
halfblood
Freyja rises, taking the list with her as she heads to the draught cabinet. Glass clinks as she searches for the listed prescription.

Summoning a vial, she decants a small amount out, corking it and giving it a flick. The liquid sloshes. She picks up a salve on the list and heads out, eyeing the potion.

Setting the list and prescriptions down, she looks over the potion. "You're familiar with it," she comments, brow raised ever so slightly.

posted Jun 16 2018, 11:09 AM report
turned_in
ravenclaw
year, occupation
year 7 ( head girl )
sexuality
heteroflexible
marital status
engaged
blood, species
pureblood
glitter in
the gutter
"You're familiar with it."

Attie startles, gaze shooting like a comet over her shoulder. "I — my cousin," she explains, setting aside the strainer.

She nudges the cup to the edge of Miss Hansen's desk, smoke coiling like a tail. It's best to drink hot.

"I learned from her," Attie explains. She searches the woman's face from her chair. "Have you had it before? It burns."
posted Jun 18 2018, 07:44 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
healing staff
sexuality
asexual
marital status
dating
blood, species
halfblood
"...I see," Freyja replies. She arranges the salves and potions neatly before her, glancing at the cup. She reaches for it, fingers curling around the handle.

Inspecting the colour and smell, her nose wrinkles from the sharpness. "I've never," she says, lifting the cup and taking the smallest of sips. The burn is almost immediate and unexpected. "But I see what you mean," Freyja coughs out, eyes watering.

"Is it more effective, though?" she asks, head tilted. One has to wonder why no one thought to import this knowledge in, unless they already thought their methods to be superior.

posted Jun 21 2018, 04:04 AM report
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
CURRENT EVENTS
Coming soon!
affiliates
Yuri Roleplay Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
Bleach Platinum Hearts TO BITTER ENDINGS Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play
F/BC