local_florist
ALOHOMORA -> drink the wine
cloud
ALOHwb_sunnyMORA
an intermediate harry potter inspired roleplay
SPRING IN
YOUR STEP !
Welcome to ALOHOMORA! We are an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter inspired roleplay that takes place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. From magical happenings to personal interactions, the site offers a casual slice of life experience for its members. If you're interested in complex characters, good writing, and creating your own elaborate plots, then ALOHOMORA may be your RP home!

Interested? Read through our informational threads and say hi to us in the cbox! We hope to see you around.
ACTIVITY LOG 11, 02/15 —
It's that time again! Please reply to our latest activity log by the 28th of this month in order to save your characters! If you want a quick way to gather posts, you may also want to check out our current event.

POST LOG UPDATE, 02/01 –
With the log closed, we've made a few updates regarding faculty, claims, and more! Check it all out here!
SPRING | MAY
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

drink the wine, ↪ leon baer
OUR CHROMOSOMES IN SEPIA TONES //
Maybe letting Mr. Ardelean drink her blood wasn't the best idea. Her hand smooths over the sealed wound, carefully applying pressure to it. It still aches. The memory is still vivid in her mind.

Freyja can feel it. The lightness in her head. The spinning. She fights it off with willpower, gathering ingredients and setting them by a cauldron. She just needs to hold out for the next two hours, long enough for her to get this Blood Replenishing Potion brewed.

Dizzy. She leans herself heavily against the desk, trying to summon the strength to open a bottle of Valerian Root, Honeywater slowly simmering to a boil. Merlin, she wasn't expecting this to take such a toll on her, and yet...

Her strength depletes almost in an instant. She loses her senses, her balance, hitting the ground with a loud thud. The bottle in her hand crashes, shatters. Her vision goes dark.

report posted on Dec 16 2017, 04:09 AM
293 posts. 1765 galleons. PICKLES is Offline.
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
various storms
Somewhere in the belly of the beast.
What a bloody mess. Leon’s back in the Great Hall as soon as he made sure his Slytherins were safe, tucked away in the dungeon. Swept the Great Hall with Phillipa, gathered the rest of the students who were hurt and took them to the infirmary while the Headmistress secured the rest of the castle.

Then he’s administering antidotes, cleaning up vomit. At some point, Freyja disappears, and he hopes she’s clearing her head but Merlin…does he need all hands on board at the moment.

As the last of the bitten students were brought in and Leon cleaned them up and made sure they’re alright, he retreats to Freyja’s office, hoping to get a chance to sit. He finds himself leaning harder and harder on his cane.

The sound of glass shattering stops him. Limping into the office, Leon swallows the heart that suddenly leaps to his throat.

Leon sinks to his knees with a grimace, turning Freyja over onto her back, cradling her head. He checks her pulse, her breathing.

( He won’t notice his hand shaking until later. )

report posted on Dec 16 2017, 08:25 PM
1116 posts. 1065 galleons. high is Offline.
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-one years old
DADA / healing / slytherin HoH
male
bisexual
single
muggle-born
definition of petty
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
OUR CHROMOSOMES IN SEPIA TONES //
Darkness. It's hard to feel anything. She certainly doesn't see anything. Something shifts, but she doesn't see it, only feels it - her? Is it her?

She tries to hear for her own heartbeat, but it's faint, pulse weak. Ardelean hadn't taken that much blood, right? Faintly, she hears her Durmstrang headmaster calling. Get up. Only the weak fall. On the other side, grandfather, arms out. It's okay, Sønnedatter.

Freyja doesn't move. Her breathing stays shallow. On her hand, the glass leaves a thin trail of trickling blood on her palm.

report posted on Dec 17 2017, 07:35 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
VARIOUS STORMS
SOMEWHERE IN THE BELLY OF THE BEAST.
When he feels her breath against his hand, and a pulse, weak and sporadic, Leon releases a quick breath. He turns her over onto her side, one leg crossed over the other. Catches her hand in his. A quick spell seals the gash on her palm.

”Freyja,” he whispers. “Luv, come back,” he begs, finger brushes blonde hair from her face. If she had just fainted from exhaustion, she’ll be back soon. Hopefully. He waits, cradling her head in his hand.

report posted on Dec 23 2017, 02:56 PM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-one years old
male
bisexual
single
muggle-born
definition of petty
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
In this town, it all went down our chromosome in sepia tones in my mind
A third voice, calling to her in the distance. She hears her name, urges herself towards it. Freyja stirs, bright light flooding her senses. The last few minutes are lost on her.

'Leon,' she whispers, her vision coming together. Her fingers curl, searching for something to hold onto. She tries to remember. Isaac. Breakfast? No, she was making a potion. For?

It comes back to her. She darts a hand to her neck with a gasp, then winces as the sudden blood rush becomes too much to handle. 'What... What happened?' she mumbles, voice weak, 'Leon?' She turns her head towards the warmth of his hand. Her stomach feels empty, like she's been starved for days. Her head still spins.

report posted on Dec 24 2017, 01:01 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
VARIOUS STORMS
Leon breathes a sigh of relief as Freyja stirs in his arms. He rests her head back on a makeshift pillow he had made with his robes.

“Don’t get up yet. You might pass out again.” There’s something clinical to his voice. He conjures a mug of tea. From a drawer, a small bar of chocolate floats over. Leon looks down at Freyja. The iciness melts in his eyes.

“You’ve pushed yourself too hard again,” he chides, setting the mug down next to her. Leon brushes a hand through her light hair.

report posted on Dec 27 2017, 03:49 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-one years old
male
bisexual
single
muggle-born
definition of petty
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
IN THIS TOWN, IT ALL WENT DOWN OUR CHROMOSOME IN SEPIA TONES IN MY MIND
Pass out? She'd passed out? 'I'm... fine,' Freyja says with a soft grunt. She shifts from the pillow, turning her head to face Leon as he brushes against her hair. Part of her wants to close her eyes and forget. The better part of her knows there are lives depending on her right now.

'I can keep going. Probably just... a dizzy spell or something. I'll be fine with some coffee,' she insists. With great effort, she pushes herself up. 'The patients, I need to--'

She grits her teeth as another dizzy spell overwhelms her. Grips her head with a hiss. Her other hand grapples for something to hold.

report posted on Dec 28 2017, 09:54 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
VARIOUS STORMS
“No — no.” He closes his hand around Freyja’s arm, feels her thin and cold under his palm. Gently, he forces her back down.

“Eat,” he commands, picking up the chocolate bar. “There are students lining up to volunteer. Students I teach, so I know they’re quite capable.”

“And I’m here,” he adds. He brushes a hand through her hair again. “…Gave me a fright there, Freyja,”

report posted on Jan 6 2018, 07:12 PM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-one years old
male
bisexual
single
muggle-born
definition of petty
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
IN THIS TOWN IT ALL WENT DOWN OUR CHROMOSOMES IN SEPIA TONES IN MY MIND
Freyja lets out a small, exasperated sigh as she's forced to lie back down. She looks at the chocolate bar offered to her and takes it grudgingly, nibbling at it gingerly. She definitely doesn't have the strength to fight back now, so all she can do is helplessly listen and stay put.

She ducks her head down a little, guilty. It's one thing to work herself to the bone, it's another to have people actually worried about her. 'Sorry,' she whispers in apology. She's tired of apologising, but it's the only thing she knows how to do. Wonders if it's just lip service at this point.

Her fingers find his hand, wrapping around them. 'I'll be fine. Nothing a bit of rest and coffee never fixed, yeah?' She rubs her thumb in circles soothingly.

report posted on Jan 8 2018, 01:55 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
VARIOUS STORMS
Freyja apologizes again and Leon sighs. She does it so much, he’s not sure if she even means much by it anymore. A way to deflect, perhaps.

“A lot of rest, some food — “ he corrects, squeezing her hand. “And maybe a bit of coffee.”

He shifts with a slight grimace, readjusting his bad leg so his weight’s not on it. He’s content to sit on the floor with her while she recovers.

“No more of this, Freyja,” he sighs again, brushing a hand through her light hair, rhythmically.

report posted on Jan 8 2018, 02:10 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-one years old
male
bisexual
single
muggle-born
definition of petty
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
IN THIS TOWN IT ALL WENT DOWN OUR CHROMOSOMES IN SEPIA TONES IN MY MIND
She smiles weakly, squeezing back in response. 'Maybe a kiss too, just to be on the safe side?' she teases coyly.

Still, seeing Leon sitting on the ground when it hurts for him to do so causes a pang in her heart. Seeing him stay makes it hurt even more.

'I know, I know,' she tries to push aside his nagging. He's not wrong, really. 'It's just... this feeling of being stuck here,' she gestures non commitally to the things around her. 'If I can't even do my own damn job,' she catches herself before she can choke up, 'What good am I?'

She thinks about Emma during Octavia's ice skating lessons. She thinks about the students that are taught to heal from the beginning, unlike her, taught to injure and maim to learn the other way, and finds herself deflating a little, downcast.

report posted on Jan 8 2018, 02:42 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
VARIOUS STORMS
Leon catches her hand before she can drop it, squeezes the cold fingers in his.

“You have been doing your job,” he chides. Slowly, he rubs her hand between two palms, trying to will some warmth into her. “The students are safe. No one’s dead — “ he sighs. Thinks about how much worse it could have been.

report posted on Jan 25 2018, 02:18 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-one years old
male
bisexual
single
muggle-born
definition of petty
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
She exhales, shoulders sinking into the floor. He's right, he's right, she knows, as she struggles against the oppressiveness of her own crippling self esteem.

'I guess,' she turns her her to rest her cheek into the makeshift pillow. Gingerly, she takes another small nibble of the chocolate, chewing slowly, tiredly. Her vision wavers as a wave of a sleepiness slowly sweeps over her. She swallows the lump in her throat.

'Your hands are always so warm,' she mumbles, gaze drifting to her hand in his. A weak smile, 'No fair.'

report posted on Jan 26 2018, 01:36 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
VARIOUS STORMS
He knows by the way she sighs that he’s convinced her of very little. Even if he was right.

Leon sighs, knows it’s a losing cause for now. As long as she eats her chocolate and doesn’t get up too soon and maybe even rest for five minutes, he’ll chalk that off as a win for himself.

Slowly, Freyja settles into languidness, and Leon smiles, thumb still brushing over pronounced knuckles.

“You should hold my hand more then,” he retorts, glib. Slowly, he shifts, bites down a wince as his leg protests. “Come on luv, let’s get you up onto a bed.”

report posted on Jan 27 2018, 05:41 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
forty-one years old
male
bisexual
single
muggle-born
definition of petty
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
“You should hold my hand more then.”

She tries to resist a smile, fails. Maybe she will. Her gaze follows him as he shifts, and she mumbles something under her breath in protest. 'It's— fine, I can do it.'

She's quicker to scramble up onto her feet even in her state of lethargy. She reaches for him to help him up, before slipping her hand into his. She's not perfectly steady on her feet, but she's managing better than she was minutes ago. 'I can handle getting rest by myself— You're managing the students outside, right? They need you.' She gives it a small squeeze.

report posted on Jan 27 2018, 10:51 AM
faculty
wb_sunny
thirty-two years old
healer / dark arts prof
female (she/her)
asexual
single
halfblood
account_box
question_answer
loyalty
mail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
STUDY BREAK
SITE EVENT, STUDY BREAK • The Hogwarts Library is open 24 hours before OWLs and NEWTs exams, and students are welcome to study there. Snacks and refreshments are provided. You can read more about this event here!
affiliates
a resource community INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
All Was Well realm of the seven Yuri Roleplay Avalon a Panfandom RP
Bleach Platinum Hearts Sengoku Horizon Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU
Zootopia: Dark and gritty TO BITTER ENDINGS Stroke of Luck ♥

wb_sunny
Welcome,
admin Guest
log out
G
H
R
S
Alohomora is a Harry Potter roleplay created by Stark and Viv. Site information, including wandlore, was written by Stark. The skin and its custom boards, profiles, statistics, etc. were coded by Pandora using Jcink's Custom Forum Structure. The site templates, including the application and optional templates, were also coded by Pandora. The site banner, found on Zerochan, was created by Eihi. Our ad image was created by Sayhana. Our button images were created by Khanithakat, ナリコ, and Countess-Chocula. Other scripts include Malihu's Tooltip, Jawn's Code Modification, and Shine's Inbox Popout. The pixels used for the awards are from Candy Coded Response. Please do not steal or copy any part of this skin. All uncredited items belong to their original owner. Contact a staff member if you see a code or graphic being wrongfully used here; we will remove it.