welcome back,
admin Guest
switch user
happy anniversary!
ALOHOMORA
a noncanon harry potter roleplay
welcome
Established in March 2017, ALOHOMORA is an intermediate, non–canon Harry Potter roleplay in a — sometimes dark! — slice of life setting. Whether your character is a Hogwarts student or an auror working for the Ministry of Magic, our interactive world is steeped in possibility — and, of course, magic!

We encourage members to create and drive their own plot arcs, and as a community, emphasize good writing and character development. Want to join? Read our information, and pop into the cbox! We hope to meet you soon.
THIS WAY COMES - P2, 5/15. The force in the dungeons has made its way around the castle, causing the school to go into lockdown for the night! Learn more about the event and how to participate here!

ACTIVITY LOG, 5/15. It's that time again! Make sure to post in our activity log and save your characters by May 31st!
autumn ( october 2018 )
staff.

Add Reply

NEW PERSPECTIVE, ↪ aisha javadi
MOON DADDY has 628 posts and 250 galleons. PICKLES is Online.
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
ASTRONOMY / RAVENCLAW HOH
sexuality
BISEXUAL
marital status
DIVORCED
blood, species
HALFBLOOD
You be my arthur miller
The kettle whistles and the teapot is promptly filled with water. Waiting for the leaves to steep, Manish draws up a small can of biscuits and sets them on a plate.

"Right," he murmurs, hovering plate and tea set over. "This is from Puttabong tea estate. Watered directly from the Rangeet River." He sets them down, slipping his wand back into his robes. "Smell that aroma of wild berries?"

posted Apr 28 2018, 09:50 AM report
has 38 posts and 45 galleons. faun is Offline.
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
music professor
sexuality
lesbian
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
i'm down
for you
I
t was a beautiful night. Aisha was distracted by the brilliant sky through the window when Manish appeared with what smelled like berry heaven.

She almost groaned in delight, instead swallowing that reaction and only humming. "That smells divine, Manish, thank you." With a soft hand, she took one cup and lifted it to her nose to smell. Good tea was possibly the best thing in the world - excluding a good song to go with it.

Aisha never expected to be in this position. Manish had seemed... not her type of friend at first, but the man was surprisingly entertaining - and he had the best tea. What wasn't to love? She took a sip and leaned back in her chair happily. "Mm, are you a tea deity? You must be."
TAG // MANISH TRIPATHY | NOTES// --
© FAUN
posted Apr 29 2018, 02:44 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
sexuality
BISEXUAL
marital status
DIVORCED
blood, species
HALFBLOOD
You be my arthur miller
Manish, in a good mood, settles opposite Aisha with his fresh brew of tea. "My family's business started as a tea trading company," he explains smoothly, "Some of their tastes rubbed off on me."

He wouldn't go so far to call himself a deity, though certainly, with a more sensitive palate than your average Joe.

"It's rare to find someone so appreciative of the flavours," he comments, "Contrary to popular belief, most British don't know the first thing about their tea."

posted May 6 2018, 09:29 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
music professor
sexuality
lesbian
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
FAUN
T he interested hum that came out of Aisha was cut off as she took another sip. "And those tastes are impeccable, for sure." Pulling her sweater more fully around her torso, she settled back into her chair.

Aisha let out a soft chuckle at his words. "I would say it's a good thing I'm not British - but Americans aren't much better." She gave a single-shouldered shrug. "I give my Iranian heritage credit for my taste in tea. My mother always had something brewing." In fact, the warm cup she had in her hands now reminded her of better times sitting at her mother's table.
i'm down
for you
posted May 7 2018, 04:41 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
sexuality
BISEXUAL
marital status
DIVORCED
blood, species
HALFBLOOD
You be my arthur miller
He glows inwardly a little at the compliment. Manish lolls the tea around in its cup, looking at the clear golden liquid, before taking a languid sip from the cup.

"Sounds a little like my mother," he replies ruefully, "But with cooking in general. She had quite the penchant for it." If he breathes in now, he can imagine the scent of fragrant spices, as though back in her kitchen.

posted May 9 2018, 11:40 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
music professor
sexuality
lesbian
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
FAUN
L aughter rolled out of her at the mentions of mothers. "Mothers are magic aren't they?" Aisha gives him a squinted little smirk over her cup.

It really was good tea. Normally Aisha would have to smile around a mouthful of bitter dredge - but this time she happily sipped it regularly. "So," she began, resting her cup on her crossed knee. "Manish Tripathy. I'll admit I know nothing about stars, other than their beauty. Give me an interesting fact."
i'm down
for you
posted May 10 2018, 03:14 AM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
sexuality
BISEXUAL
marital status
DIVORCED
blood, species
HALFBLOOD
You be my arthur miller
Manish tries to imagine what his mother would say if she were told that. Perhaps she would laugh and find it all amusing.

He raises his gaze to meet hers, eyes twinkling with interest. Talking about stars never ceases to excite him. Not then, not now. "The stars we see are all long passed. Yet, the light from them is so bright that we still see them here and now."

With a flourish of his hand, he gestures to the starry sky above, looking toward it with a vast look of wonder.

posted May 12 2018, 11:06 AM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
music professor
sexuality
lesbian
marital status
single
blood, species
halfblood
i'm down for you
Logically, she knew that. But the way Manish put it was... poetic. Beautiful. Aisha follows the swipe of his hand, looking up at the sky in wonder. She considers her next words carefully.

"When I saw them during my tours in Afghanistan, it felt like they were my only friends." There had been a small window in that room. When night had fallen (twice it had) she remembered watching the stars and thinking of home.

Aisha shakes her head. "They helped me stay sane, that's for sure." She takes a sip of her tea.
FAUN
posted May 15 2018, 03:26 PM report
turned_in
faculty
year, occupation
sexuality
BISEXUAL
marital status
DIVORCED
blood, species
HALFBLOOD
You be my arthur miller
Only friends. Manish thinks it's a feeling he knows far too well, an emotion he's felt one too many times. He smiles, reminiscent.

"They're beacons. Polaris serves as the current pole star. It moves minimally, so travellers have always relied on it for measurements and wayfinding."

"Good to know, if you ever find yourself lost in a desert, I suppose." He raises his cup to his lips.

posted May 17 2018, 10:33 AM report
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

cbox & events
Play nice. Be respectful towards your fellow members, staff, and guests. Don't form cliques, and try to make everyone feel welcome!

Be yourself. The cbox is for OOC chat, so please don't post as your character or impersonate other members here.

No drama. Keep the cbox a lighthearted and fun place for all, and take personal issues to IM.

No advertising. Please don't post links to other sites in the cbox. That's what the advertising board is for.
JOIN US ON DISCORD!
THIS WAY COMES
SITE EVENT, THIS WAY COMES PT. II • The mysterious force is back with a vengeance, and on the night of October 17th, the castle has been placed on lockdown. Read how to join here. Lasts until May 31st.

FACULTY EVENT, THE DRACONIDS • Professor Tripathy has invited students to the astronomy towers to view the Draconid meteors. Lasts until June 1st.
affiliates
a resource community Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings
realm of the seven Bleach Platinum Hearts
TO BITTER ENDINGS Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU